Once you have all the paperwork together the
following pointers might help
- Make a note of information you already have that will
help you to complete the form. Look at other funding applications
- Make a note of the ways in which your organisation or project
meet the criteria.
- Check who needs to sign the form, make sure they'll be
available when you need them. If you need a referee, make sure they
know that you are using them to assist your application.
- Answer all the questions giving as much information as you can.
If you're not sure about a question, first refer back to the
guidelines and if you're still not sure, give the funder a ring and
ask what type of things they're looking for in that section.
- You will have to prepare a budget with the costs and figures of
what you need for the project and how you have come to the final
total. You will also need to provide the groups accounts for the
last financial year.
- Finally - ask yourself: have I answered all the questions? Does
the information make sense? Have I given them all the information
that they have asked for?
Sometimes it is good for someone who doesn't know about
your project or ideas to read through the application - this is
where you can ask me to read through your application and
provide feedback on your answers.
When writing your application the following points might
be worth considering:
- Give the information that is asked for and in the way
they want it.
- Be as honest you as you can be - what exactly it is you
want to do and why.
- Write clearly and simply.
- Try not to waffle!
Prior to applying for funding it might be worthwhile
making sure you have up-to-date copies of important documents to
hand. In some cases, as a group, you might need to draw up some new
items to provide information that will help you in the
- A constitution
- Bank account information
- Budget/accounts information
If you work with children or vulnerable adults you may
need to have the following in place.
- CRB checks
- Child Protection Policy & training
- Health & Safety Policy
- Complaints Procedure