We have developed draft
Customer Service Standards to let you know what you can expect from
Amber Valley Borough Council. We want to know what you
think of these standards.
If you have any views or
changes to suggest please complete this on-line form.
- Treat you with courtesy and respect.
- Provide information and advice in a form that can be
- Offer an interpreting and translation service and
information in large print, audio and Braille.
- Do our best to provide information about other local
public services that are not provided by the Council.
- Ask for your views about services (good or bad) and use
your feedback to improve them.
- Consult with you about service changes and
- Investigate any complaint about the Council's services
and tell you who else can help with your complaint.
- Display these standards and ask you to let us know if we
don't meet them to help us monitor our performance.
- Review our performance to make sure we are meeting these
If you visit we will:
- Aim to see you within 10 minutes of your
- Make every possible effort to keep appointments and
inform you in advance if we have to rearrange them.
- Have our opening hours clearly displayed.
- Ensure that all information displayed is up to date and
- Wear a name badge.
- Offer private interview facilities at our main council
office in Ripley.
If you telephone we will:
- Greet you courteously and tell you who you are speaking
- Aim to answer calls within 5 rings.
- Tell you the name of the person or service you are being
connected to if we have to transfer your call.
- Offer to call you back at an agreed time if we cannot
help you straightaway.
- Respond to voice mail messages within one working
If you write, e-mail or fax us we
- Answer straightforward enquiries within 5 working
- Answer more complicated enquiries within 10 working days
or where this is not possible let you know when you will receive a
- Make sure that we use plain language which is clear and
easy to understand.
You can help us by:
- Giving us all the information we need to help
- Letting us know if you have any special or individual
- Treating us and other customers with courtesy and
- Making an appointment if you need to see a specific
- Turning up to your appointment on time.