The Building Control Team works with the public, builders and designers to ensure that properties within Amber Valley are safe and comply with the Building Regulations, ensuring the health and safety of people in and around all buildings. The regulations also cover energy conservation and access and facilities for disabled people.
Why use our service?
- We can check your plans in 7 working days.
- We can provide a same day inspection service tailored to your requirements.
- Application forms and plans can be conveniently emailed in to the office saving time and postage costs - please see the Building Control Application Forms Page for more details.
- You can make an application over the telephone, you can contact us directly on 01773 841521.
- You can also complete an online application form, therefore saving the printing costs of drawings.
- We are locally based with a broad knowledge of local geological conditions and have access to extensive historic records.
- Working closely with other council services, we offer a high quality service that is value for money.
- We will provide on site advice should problems arrive.
- Make an application now, pay later. You can now submit your application with no payment at first and we will invoice you at a later date.
What can you expect from us?
- Supportive, professional staff who will help our customers achieve the standards needed to obtain the approvals they are seeking.
- All applications will be registered and acknowledged within three working days.
- Ensuring that you will receive a decision on your plans within 7 working days.
- Technical advice by telephone or in reception, without an appointment.
- Help and guidance from our Access Officer on all issues relating to access and facilities for people with disabilities as affected by building design and construction.
Please refer to the site inspection plan below, the Surveyor will need to be notified as indicated (although other inspections may also be undertaken). Inspections requested before 10am will normally be carried out on the same day.
The Surveyor will only be able to issue a completion certificate if the agreed notification stages have been satisfactorily carried out and relevant information provided.
The completion certificate is a document that is normally required when a property is sold.
It should be noted that the list does not apply to all types of work, it is mainly for extensions and new dwelling.
||Reinforcement prior to concreting
||Damp Proof Course / Tanking
||Ground Floor Preperation
||Drains Laid Prior to Backfilling
||Upper Floor Construction