The Council are unable to deal with Bats as they are a protected species.
- Mammals that hibernate in the winter months.
- Do not build nests and do not chew cables or timber when in a loft or roof space.
- Do not carry disease and their droppings are not harmful.
- All bats and their roosts are protected. Bats can only be handled by licensed bat workers.
Advice to Customers
If bats are suspected in any area where insecticides or poisons are to be used or any building or development works is to take place, the relevant statutory body, local bat group or a professional wildlife consultant should be contacted.
- English Nature - Manor Barn, Over Haddon, Bakewell, 01629 815095
- Bat Conservation Trust, 15 Cloisters House, 8 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4BG, 0207 6272629 or 0845 1300228