Fees and charges for 2016/17 can be viewed using the following link:
Pest Control Charges - 2016/17
There are various types of beetle that can be found in the home. We can arrange for the Pest Operative to visit you to identify any insect you find or samples can be brought into the Council Offices for identification.
- Usually found in carpets, bedding and clothing.
- Can damage carpets.
- Move furniture from around the edges of the room that are affected.
- Clean infested area thoroughly using vacuum cleaner.
- Apply residual insecticide spray.
- Do not hoover for as long as possible after treatment.
- Found in food stores, larders etc.
- Feed on cereal products and dried food stuffs.
- Can penetrate food packaging.
- Birds nests and food residues should be removed.
- Empty storage areas of all food contents.
- Clean out cupboards thoroughly.
- Check all dry food stuffs for infestation.
- Apply insecticides to structures.
- We would spray storage areas.
- Leave room empty for minimum of 3 hours.
- Feed on mould and fungi. Can be found inside where damp and slightly mouldy conditions occur i.e. damp plaster, bathrooms, under carpets.
- Can also be found in lofts associated with bird nests.
- Empty rooms of plants, food, fish tanks etc.
- Spray with residual insecticide.
- Smoke generators could also be used.
- No one allowed into treated areas for minimum of 3 hours.