Extra help with your refuse and recycling
To qualify for extra bin capacity, you will need to meet the criteria listed below:
- 6 or more permanent residents living in one household.
- 5 permanent residents with one child under the age of three in nappies living in the household.
- A resident with special medical circumstances.
If you would like to apply for our Additional Capacity Scheme, please download the application form here or alternatively you can apply online by completing our online request form here for Additional Capacity.
We also offer help if you are unable to move your refuse or recycling bin/bags. If you would like to join our Assisted Collection Scheme you can download the application form here or alternatively you can apply online by completing our online request form here for Assisted Collection.
Alternatively you can request either application form from the Refuse and Recycling Team by calling 01773 841326.
Collections during road closures / adverse weather conditions
We will always try to collect your refuse/recycling on your normal collection day; however due to adverse weather conditions or road closures this is not always possible.
When bad weather / road closures occur we will still attempt to collect on the normal day or within the next 48 hours.
If we cannot collect your refuse / recycling within this time frame, then on the next collection day, residents can put out:
- Three extra bags of refuse with their refuse bin; or
- Up to six purple bags of refuse (if the property receives a purple bag collection instead of collections from a green refuse bin).
- Extra recycling will be collected throughout the year. Place any extra recycling out in boxes or plastic containers next to your grey bin or green recycling bags. (Please do not put out your extra recycling in plastic carrier bags or bin bags, as these will not be collected).
For regular updates during adverse weather conditions, please refer to the front page of the Council website, where you will find the latest updates.
Report all missed collections, by contacting the Refuse and Recycling Help Line on 01773 841326, no later than 12 noon on the day following your scheduled collection.