If you have a complaint about any food you have purchased the food safety team may investigate the complaint where there is a public health significance. Follow the procedure below.
Complaint regarding the quality of food such as weight, quantity or labelling should be made to Derbyshire Trading Standards.
An online complaints reporting form as been provided and a guidance leaflet on what you can expect from the food safety team if they investigate a food compliant.
If the food complaint is perishable, it should be stored in the fridge/freezer.
Environmental Services will require you to give details of,
- Where the food was purchased from.
- What is wrong with the food.
- If possible proof of purchase e.g. receipt and price paid.
- Details from packaging.
- Details of storage and handling.
- How the complaint was found and by whom.
Environmental Services will contact the shop, café, restaurant etc or relevant Local Authority where the food was produced, to investigate the complaint as necessary.