Money and Debt Advice

If you are struggling to manage your money or need help with debts it is important to seek advice as soon as possible.

  You can get help by telephoning:

  • Citizens Advice Bureau: 0844 3752712 (free local money advice service)
  • National Debtline: 0808 8084000
  • Consumer Credit Counselling Services: 0800 1381111
  • Debt Advice Foundation: 0800 0434050
  • If you are a Futures Housing Group tenant you can get help from their money advice service, contact 0300 456 2531.

 Help is also available from the following places:

CAB Advice Guide

Direct Gov Managing Debt

Money Advice Service

Credit Action money education charity

StepChange IVA Help


Contact Details
Rate This Page

Thank you for rating our page as .

Your feedback is very important as it enables us to continually improve our site to meet your needs.

Please give a brief explanation of why you considered this page to be  and click on the submit button below to confirm your rating.

+ Additional Contact details (optional)

If you have a general comment or complaint about the Council's services, please visit our comments or complaints page.
rate page as good  rate page as average  rate page as poor 

Do you need further information?

If for some reason you are unable to find the information which you require on our website, you can contact us by the following methods.

address logoAmber Valley Borough Council, Town Hall, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BT
address logo01773 570222 *Calls are recorded for quality and training purposes
address logoComplete our online enquiry form
address logoText the word COUNCIL followed by your message to 60060 *Standard network rates apply
This site uses simple text files called 'cookies' to collect statistics about the number of people using the website, but they don't tell us who you are. Cookies help us keep the site relevant and up-to-date. By continuing to browse the site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more