Report a Change in Circumstances

Change in Circumstances for Housing & Council Tax Support

You must tell us immediately of any change likely to affect your entitlement to benefit.

Failure to do so may mean you will be overpaid benefit, and you may then have to pay the money back to the Council. Some changes of circumstance may mean that you get more Benefit.

Please read your notification letters carefully and let us know if any of the figures are incorrect.

The following are examples of what you must tell us about:

Changes to your marital status
You must tell us if a partner comes to live with you or leaves your household. A partner may include someone of the same or opposite sex that you live with or are married to.

Changes to your income or your partner's income
You must tell us if your income changes. For example, if you change the number of hours you work, change jobs or have a pay increase, or if you are no longer entitled to income support or jobseekers allowance, or if your pensions or benefit change.

Changes concerning your children
You must tell us if you have a child, or if child benefit ends or if your child leaves school or starts work.

Changes concerning adult children or other people living with you
You must tell us about changes in the income of anyone over 18 living with you.

Change of household
You must tell us if anyone comes to live with you or if anyone leaves your address. You must tell us the date of the move and details of the previous and new address.

Savings or Capital
You must tell us if your savings or capital changes.

Going away from home
If you or someone who lives with you is expected to be away from the home for 13 weeks or more you must tell us why they are going to be away, when they are leaving and when they will return.

Changes to the amount of your rent
You must tell us about any change to the rent your landlord charges you, the letter from your landlord telling you about the change should be sent to the council.


Report your Change in Circumstances - Online Form

CoC for HB and CTB

If the property is in the Amber Valley area please enter the postcode or the first few letters of the street. Otherwise enter the full address in the box below.





Contact Details
Rate This Page

Thank you for rating our page as .

Your feedback is very important as it enables us to continually improve our site to meet your needs.

Please give a brief explanation of why you considered this page to be  and click on the submit button below to confirm your rating.

+ Additional Contact details (optional)

If you have a general comment or complaint about the Council's services, please visit our comments or complaints page.
rate page as good  rate page as average  rate page as poor 

Do you need further information?

If for some reason you are unable to find the information which you require on our website, you can contact us by the following methods.

address logoTown Hall, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BT
address logo01773 841470 *Calls are recorded for quality and training purposes
address logoComplete our online enquiry form
address logoText the word COUNCIL followed by your message to 60060 *Standard network rates apply
This site uses simple text files called 'cookies' to collect statistics about the number of people using the website, but they don't tell us who you are. Cookies help us keep the site relevant and up-to-date. By continuing to browse the site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more