Report a Change of Address Online

Please complete the form below to tell us about a change in your address if you are claiming Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support.  If all of your circumstances are the same, and it is just the address that is changing then this is the correct form, if not you will need to contact us on 01773 841470.

Alternatively download a paper version of this form and post it back to us.

Please give the most accurate and up to date information about you and your partner, if you have one.  By 'partner' we mean your husband or wife, or someone you live with as if you were married to them.

Once you have submitted your form, we will need to see your tenancy agreement for your new property.


Even if someone else has filled in this form for you, you must agree to this declaration if you can.  Please read this declaration carefully before you agree to it at the end of this form.

I understand the following:

If you give information that is incorrect or incomplete, you may take action against me.  This may include court action.

You will use the information I have provided to process my claim for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support (or both).  You may check some of the information with other sources within the council, rent offices, other councils and government organisations.

You may use any information I have provided in connection with this and any other claim for social security benefits or Discretionary Housing Payments that I have made or may make.  You may give some information to other government organisations, if the law allows this.

You may also use any information I have provided to keep my, or my partners, Council Tax account up to date and to award or remove any relevant discounts.


I know I must let you know about any changes in my circumstances which might affect my claim.

I declare the information I have given on this form is correct and complete.

You will be asked to agree to this declaration in Part 5 of the form.

Online Form - Change of Address for HB & CTS


About this form

If the property is in the Amber Valley area please enter the postcode or the first few letters of the street. Otherwise enter the full address in the box below.


If the property is in the Amber Valley area please enter the postcode or the first few letters of the street. Otherwise enter the full address in the box below.




Contact Details
Rate This Page

Thank you for rating our page as .

Your feedback is very important as it enables us to continually improve our site to meet your needs.

Please give a brief explanation of why you considered this page to be  and click on the submit button below to confirm your rating.

+ Additional Contact details (optional)

If you have a general comment or complaint about the Council's services, please visit our comments or complaints page.
rate page as good  rate page as average  rate page as poor 

Do you need further information?

If for some reason you are unable to find the information which you require on our website, you can contact us by the following methods.

address logoTown Hall, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BT
address logo01773 841470 *Calls are recorded for quality and training purposes
address logoComplete our online enquiry form
address logoText the word COUNCIL followed by your message to 60060 *Standard network rates apply
This site uses simple text files called 'cookies' to collect statistics about the number of people using the website, but they don't tell us who you are. Cookies help us keep the site relevant and up-to-date. By continuing to browse the site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more