Work Related Benefits

This section will help you find out the range of benefits, tax credits and other work-related financial support you may be able to get. It is only a general guide.

If you need financial help to pay your Council Tax bill, you may be able to get Council Tax Support.

If you're on a low income and need financial help to pay all or part of your rent, you may be able to get Housing Benefit.

If you are in work but on low pay, you can apply for Working Tax Credit to top-up your earnings. You may get extra if someone in your household is disabled.

If you're an employee and unable to work because you're ill, you may be able to get Statutory Sick Pay. Some employers have their own sick pay scheme instead.

If you can't earn as much as you normally could because of an accident or disease caused by your work, you may be able to get Reduced Earnings Allowance. You may qualify for Reduced Earnings Allowance if you're suffering from an illness or disability caused by a work-related accident or disease that happened before 1 October 1990.

The  related links give more details on the financial support available.

If you are of working age, you can also telephone or visit your local Jobcentre or Jobcentre Plus office. Whether you are already working or are looking for work, the staff there will be able to tell you about any benefits you can claim. You can find your nearest office in the phone book or by visiting the Jobcentre Plus website.

Use our online benefits calculator to check your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support entitlement.


Contact Details
Rate This Page

Thank you for rating our page as .

Your feedback is very important as it enables us to continually improve our site to meet your needs.

Please give a brief explanation of why you considered this page to be  and click on the submit button below to confirm your rating.

+ Additional Contact details (optional)

If you have a general comment or complaint about the Council's services, please visit our comments or complaints page.
rate page as good  rate page as average  rate page as poor 

Do you need further information?

If for some reason you are unable to find the information which you require on our website, you can contact us by the following methods.

address logoAmber Valley Borough Council, Town Hall, Market Place, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BT
address logo01773 841470 *Calls are recorded for quality and training purposes
address logoComplete our online enquiry form
address logoText the word COUNCIL followed by your message to 60060 *Standard network rates apply
This site uses simple text files called 'cookies' to collect statistics about the number of people using the website, but they don't tell us who you are. Cookies help us keep the site relevant and up-to-date. By continuing to browse the site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more