Reporting accidents at work (RIDDOR)

The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR) is the law that requires employers, and anyone else with responsibility for health and safety within a workplace, to report  and keep records of:

  • work-related deaths
  • specified serious injuries
  • injuries that result in absence from work for over seven days
  • injuries to a person not at work who is taken to hospital for treatment directly from the premises
  • cases of diagnosed industrial disease
  • near miss accidents.

You must report incidents as soon as possible. The best and easiest way to do this is online to the HSE.

The information will be submitted directly to the RIDDOR database and you will receive a copy for your records.

All incidents can be reported online but a telephone service remains for reporting fatal and major injuries only. Call 0845 300 9923 (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm).

HSE guidance on reporting accidents and incidents at work.

Contact Details
Rate This Page

Thank you for rating our page as .

Your feedback is very important as it enables us to continually improve our site to meet your needs.

Please give a brief explanation of why you considered this page to be  and click on the submit button below to confirm your rating.

+ Additional Contact details (optional)

If you have a general comment or complaint about the Council's services, please visit our comments or complaints page.
rate page as good  rate page as average  rate page as poor 

Do you need further information?

If for some reason you are unable to find the information which you require on our website, you can contact us by the following methods.

address logoAmber Valley Borough Council, Town Hall, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BT
address logo01773 841335 *Calls are recorded for quality and training purposes
address logoComplete our online enquiry form
address logoText the word COUNCIL followed by your message to 60060 *Standard network rates apply
This site uses simple text files called 'cookies' to collect statistics about the number of people using the website, but they don't tell us who you are. Cookies help us keep the site relevant and up-to-date. By continuing to browse the site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more