Riding Establishment Licences Further Information

The Council regulates riding establishments under the Riding Establishments Act 1964. Anyone keeping horses either for riding or hire, or the purpose of instruction for the return of payment requires a licence under the Act.

Prior to granting the licence the Council will carry out a series of checks to ensure accommodation is suitable. Once a licence as been issued the owner is subject to periodic inspections and an annual review to ensure that standards are being maintained.

A fee is applicable to licences, Licences are annual and must be renewed before end date if the premises are to continue as a riding establishment.

Contact Details
Rate This Page

Thank you for rating our page as .

Your feedback is very important as it enables us to continually improve our site to meet your needs.

Please give a brief explanation of why you considered this page to be  and click on the submit button below to confirm your rating.

+ Additional Contact details (optional)

If you have a general comment or complaint about the Council's services, please visit our comments or complaints page.
rate page as good  rate page as average  rate page as poor 

Do you need further information?

If for some reason you are unable to find the information which you require on our website, you can contact us by the following methods.

address logoAmber Valley Borough Council, Town Hall, Market Place, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BT
address logo01773 841335 *Calls are recorded for quality and training purposes
address logoenvhealth@ambervalley.gov.uk
address logoComplete our online enquiry form
address logoText the word COUNCIL followed by your message to 60060 *Standard network rates apply
This site uses simple text files called 'cookies' to collect statistics about the number of people using the website, but they don't tell us who you are. Cookies help us keep the site relevant and up-to-date. By continuing to browse the site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more