Queens’ 90th birthday celebrations

If you are holding an event to celebrate the Queens’ 90th birthday then please consider whether you require a licence for your event.

Many street parties are private events (i.e. only open to residents of that particular road) where everyone chips in and brings their own food and drink. A Temporary Events Notice (TEN) is only required where alcohol is sold for a profit, a TEN is not required if people bring their own alcohol or if a nominal charge is made to cover the organisers costs.

Live music has been deregulated between the hours of 08.00 and 23.00 so no licence will be required.  Although recorded music has only been deregulated under certain circumstances, the provision of recorded music at a street party could be classed as ancillary to the main event therefore a licence may not be required.

Ten clear working days (not including the day of service or the day of the event) is required for a TEN or between 5 and 9 working days for a Late TEN.   A notice costs £21.00 and can last for up to 168 hours (7 days).

Please click the link below for application forms and information as to how to make your application:


If you require any additional information as to whether your event will require a licence then please do not hesitate to contact the licensing section on 01773 841602 or 01773 841388.


Contact Details
Pages at this Level
Rate This Page

Thank you for rating our page as .

Your feedback is very important as it enables us to continually improve our site to meet your needs.

Please give a brief explanation of why you considered this page to be  and click on the submit button below to confirm your rating.

+ Additional Contact details (optional)

If you have a general comment or complaint about the Council's services, please visit our comments or complaints page.
rate page as good  rate page as average  rate page as poor 

Do you need further information?

If for some reason you are unable to find the information which you require on our website, you can contact us by the following methods.

address logoAmber Valley Borough Council, Town Hall, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BT
address logo01773 570222 *Calls are recorded for quality and training purposes
address logoenquiry@ambervalley.gov.uk
address logoComplete our online enquiry form
address logoText the word COUNCIL followed by your message to 60060 *Standard network rates apply
This site uses simple text files called 'cookies' to collect statistics about the number of people using the website, but they don't tell us who you are. Cookies help us keep the site relevant and up-to-date. By continuing to browse the site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more