Making an Application

About your application

Completing the forms accurately, submitting clear plans and providing detailed information helps everyone because:

  • it helps applicants to explain their intentions
  • it helps Planning understand what is involved and assess it fully
  • it helps people whose views are sought about a proposal to give proper advice in the shortest possible time
  • it can avoid neighbours misunderstanding what is proposed and raising queries or objections.

You can apply by the following methods:-

Applying Online

Most planning applications are now submitted online. You can submit and pay for your planning application online using the Planning Portal. Guidance is available before you submit.

You can also submit and pay for your planning application online using the iAPPLY planning system.

Please be aware that if you property is within a conservation area, article 4 direction area, listed building or within the world heritage site a heritage statement will be required with your planning application in order to validate it.

PDF Forms

The following application forms are available to download in PDF format so that you can print them off, fill them in and submit them to Planning by post. The links provide access to the application form and help notes on completing the form.

Larger Home Extensions: Neighbour Consultation Scheme Application

Form 001 Householder application

Form 004 Full application

Form 005 Outline application with some matters reserved

Form 006 Outline application with all matters reserved

Form 010 Relevant Demolition of an unlisted building in a conservation area

Form 011 Listed building consent

Form 012 Advertisement consent

Form 014 Lawful Development Certificate (existing use)

Form 015 Lawful Development Certificate (proposed use)

Form 020 Telecommunications prior approval

Form 023 Reserved matters application

Form 025 Removal or variation of a condition

Form 027 Condition discharge application

Form 031 Works to trees

Form 034 Non-material amendment application

Application for prior notification - proposed demolition

Application for prior notification of proposed agricultural development - proposed building

High Hedge Complaint Form

Notice of Application to Modify or Discharge a Planning Obligation form

Notification for Prior Approval of Proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a Dwelling house

Notification of a Proposed Change of Use to Dwelling(s)

This template can be used by a developer to notify the local planning authority of the intention to the use of Offices (Class B1(a)) to dwelling houses (Class C3)

Prior Approval of Proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a flexible use within Shops, Financial and Professional services, Restaurants and Cafes, Business, Storage or Distribution, Hotels, or Assembly or Leisure

Development is not permitted where the building exceeds 500 square metres or is a listed building or Scheduled Ancient Monument or is or forms part of a safety hazard area or military explosives storage area.

Application form to Modify or Discharge a Planning Obligation

Application form for proposals to modify or discharge the terms of a legal agreement made under S.106A, 106BA or 299A of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 as amended. 

Notification for Prior Approval for a Proposed Change of Use of a building from Office Use (Class B1(a)) to a Dwellinghouse (Class C3)




Contact Details
Rate This Page

Thank you for rating our page as .

Your feedback is very important as it enables us to continually improve our site to meet your needs.

Please give a brief explanation of why you considered this page to be  and click on the submit button below to confirm your rating.

+ Additional Contact details (optional)

If you have a general comment or complaint about the Council's services, please visit our comments or complaints page.
rate page as good  rate page as average  rate page as poor 

Do you need further information?

If for some reason you are unable to find the information which you require on our website, you can contact us by the following methods.

address logoDevelopment Management: Town Hall, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3BT
address logo01773 841571 *Calls are recorded for quality and training purposes
address logoComplete our online enquiry form
address logoText the word COUNCIL followed by your message to 60060 *Standard network rates apply
This site uses simple text files called 'cookies' to collect statistics about the number of people using the website, but they don't tell us who you are. Cookies help us keep the site relevant and up-to-date. By continuing to browse the site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more