Mobile Food Vehicles

Derbyshire Chief Environmental health Officers Food Liaison and Health and Safety Liaison Groups have produced a booklet for mobile caterers. (see links to forms & leaflets). This covers the main things you need to think about when you start a business using a mobile vehicle, including food hygiene issues, Health and Safety issues and general requirements. The document also provides a check sheet, which can be used for self-assessment and when purchasing a vehicle.

For a mobile trader (food vendor or other) to trade from any public highway. It is suggested that you contact Derbyshire Constabulary to make sure that you are not going to course any obstruction to the highways.

Some town centre street have been designated as "consent to trade" streets. This means that AVBC (Town Centres) can permit people to trade on these streets upon payment of a fee and provided certain conditions are met . These include footway width, access/egress, competition with other town centre shops, etc.

The current consent to trade streets are:

Alfreton - Institute Lane

Belper - King Street

Ripley - Market Place Area and Oxford Street.

Mobile food vendors may be able to trade as part of our Friday & Saturday markets at Ripley & Heanor. Interested vendors should contact Amber Markets on 0115 9135382.

The Council's Off-Street Car Parking Order does not permit AVBC car parks to be used by mobile traders (including food vendors).

You will also need to refer to paying business rates.


Contact Details
Tel: 01773 841335 Environmental Health Helpline
click for more contact details...
Related Links  
Rate This Page

Thank you for rating our page as .

Your feedback is very important as it enables us to continually improve our site to meet your needs.

Please give a brief explanation of why you considered this page to be  and click on the submit button below to confirm your rating.

+ Additional Contact details (optional)

If you have a general comment or complaint about the Council's services, please visit our comments or complaints page.
rate page as good  rate page as average  rate page as poor 

Do you need further information?

If for some reason you are unable to find the information which you require on our website, you can contact us by the following methods.

address logoAmber Valley Borough Council, Regulation Unit, Environmental Services, Town Hall, Market Place, Ripley, DE5 3BT
address logo01773 841335 Environmental Health Helpline *Calls are recorded for quality and training purposes
address logoComplete our online enquiry form
address logoText the word COUNCIL followed by your message to 60060 *Standard network rates apply
This site uses simple text files called 'cookies' to collect statistics about the number of people using the website, but they don't tell us who you are. Cookies help us keep the site relevant and up-to-date. By continuing to browse the site you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more