Gambling act permits

With Coronavirus (COVID-19) now affecting many areas of our services to the residents and businesses of Amber Valley, we are keen to keep you right up-to-date with the changes we are being forced to make. Read more about your council services.

Under the Gambling Act 2005 ("the Act") permits are issued to premises that either offer very low-stakes and prizes gambling, or premises whose primary function is not the provision of gambling facilities. Therefore, the only premises eligible to apply to us for permits are:

  • Unlicensed family entertainment centres
  • Alcohol licensed premises (under Licensing Act 2003)
  • Clubs, both commercial and non-commercial
  • Premises wishing to offer commercial prize-gaming

We will issue the following types of permit under the act:

  • Family entertainment centre
  • Club gaming permit
  • Club machine permit
  • Licensed premises machine permit
  • Prize gaming permit
Need further help or information?

Contact the team directly on 01773 841604 or email