Notes for businesses
- As the food business operator of the establishment you have a right to request a re-visit for the purposes of re-rating if you have taken action to rectify the non-compliances identified at the time of inspection.
- There is a charge of £160 for this re-visit. There is no limit on the number of requests you can make but the charge will be applicable each time.
- You must provide details of the improvements made with your request, including supporting evidence where appropriate.
- Once this request form is received and checked by the regulation manager and the relevant food safety officer, a food safety representative will make contact with you to take the payment.
- The revisit will be carried out within a minimum of three months following receipt of your request and payment of the fee. Applications will only be accepted and deemed valid once payment has fully cleared.
- The food safety officer will give you a ‘new’ food hygiene rating based on the level of compliance that is found at the time of the re-visit - you should be aware that your rating could go up, down or remain the same.
- To make a request for a revisit, please use the form below and return it using the contact details at the bottom of the form. Please ensure you quote the inspection reference number and the inspecting officers name.
- Alternatively please complete a paper version of this form and return it to the food safety officer at Amber Valley Borough Council. Once we have received your request, a member of our food safety team will be in touch.
Need further help or information?
Contact the team directly on 01773 841335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org