Notes for businesses
As the food business operator of the establishment you have a ‘right to reply’ in respect of the food hygiene rating given following your inspection.
- The purpose is to enable you to give an explanation of subsequent actions that have been taken to make the required improvements as detailed in the inspection letter, or to explain mitigation for the circumstances at the time of the inspection. It is not for making complaints or for criticising the scheme or food safety officer.
- If you wish to use this ‘right to reply’, please use the form below and return it to the food safety officer that undertook your inspection - contact details are provided with the written notification of your food hygiene rating.
- Your comments will be reviewed by the food safety officer and may be edited in order to remove offensive or defamatory remarks before being published online and displayed together with your food hygiene rating at food.gov.uk/ratings.
- There will be a statement at food.gov.uk/ratings that will highlight that the accuracy of your comments has not been verified by local authority officers.
- Alternatively please complete a paper version of this form and return it to the food safety officer at Amber Valley Borough Council. Once we have received your request, a member of our food safety team will be in touch.
Need further help or information?
Contact the team directly on 01773 841335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org