- Please report missed collections by 12noon on the next working day.
- Bins/bags should be put out for collection from 6.30am at the edge of your property.
- All bins must be put out with the lids closed, heavy bins will not be emptied.
- Refuse bins will not be emptied if they contain items that are not household waste such as: business waste; soil; turf; building waste / DIY waste; paint tins; car batteries; tree roots/branches over 7cm wide.
- Additional waste by the side of the refuse bin will not be collected apart from:
- at Christmas when residents can put out two extra bags of waste or up to six purple bags.
- road closures; and
- adverse weather conditions.
- Waste/recycling must not be squashed too tightly inside the bin to prevent the bin from being emptied properly. If waste is stuck inside your bin please loosen it so that your bin can be emptied properly on your next collection day.
- Large cardboard boxes can be collected if they are broken down into smaller pieces that can easily be fitted inside of the recycling bin with the bin lid closed properly. Please either place the cardboard inside the recycling bin on the next recycling collection or leave the cardboard by the side of the bin. However if it is raining please do not leave the cardboard outside to get wet because the crews will not pick up cardboard that is wet through and falling apart.
- Please return your bins to your property as soon as possible after collection.
- Place recyclable items loose inside the recycling bin and caddy, no bags please.
- Extra recycling will be collected throughout the year and should be put out in plastic or cardboard boxes. Please do not put out your extra recycling in plastic carrier bags or bin bags and please keep your glass separate.
- Please recycle small electrical items by taking them back to a retailer or Loscoe Recycling Centre, Taylor Lane DE75 7TA.
Need further help or information?
Contact the team directly on 01773 841326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org